So you're invited to a dinner party chez les Français. What should you bring when the typical bottle of wine, bouquet of flowers and box of chocolates have already been done? Search no further! Here are some of our favorite unique gifts to bring to your fabulous French soirée. (Starting clockwise below)
1. Grocery Tote Bag- Perfect gift for when your host/hostess goes to the marché. Available at Merci in Paris.
2. Box of Ladurée Macarons- Classic and delicious with traditional and seasonal parfums. Ladurée macarons are internationally available and they never disappoint.
3. Mortar and Pestle- Just as Paul Child gifted to Julia, a mortar and pestle is an essential gift for any serious French cook. Crate and Barrel offers international shipping.
4. Le Jacquard Français French Tea Towels- A set of these classically French tea towels would make a perfect addition to any French cuisine. And even better, they are internationally available.
5. Bottle of Armagnac- Armagnac is a type of brandy that many people enjoy as a digestif. La Maison du Whiskey in Paris offers many bottles of this eau-de-vie as well as other fine products on their website and in their exclusive shop.